One of the most rewarding aspects of running a business is knowing that your clients are satisfied with your services, comfortable to be entrusting you with their projects and programs. In other words, they like you! I was truly gratified recently when three RNC clients acknowledged their appreciation in words…
One client told us that “hiring RNC was the best thing we did last year”.
And that’s not all… yet another said that their RNC PM “is the best in the organisation”.
I gathered all this positive feedback together in my mind to figure out where the points of difference were. That is, the difference between a PM… and our RNC PMs. Well I’ve now distilled it into a few common denominators:
Clients like the RNC person because they:
- Get the job done
- Are a low emotional overhead i.e. not precious, not needy and don’t play negative politics
- Just get on and do the job
- Focus on the job requested, not the job they want to do or think the business should want
- Are friendly and accommodating (no sharp edges)
- Know what they are doing and other people respect them
- Have a way of getting people to do what they want without being too pushy
- Seem to have an ability to read the organisation and work within and across it to get the job done;
- Don’t seem like a contractor, and they have our best interests at heart.
Knowing this certainly helps to make every day worthwhile.
By the way, conversely, I wanted to find out what is was that non-RNC PMs were doing that brought about negative feedback.
I received some interesting comments too… so stay tuned. Enjoy your day, and thank you!