Magia™ is a breakthrough in project, program and portfolio management. It is a patented innovation, available at the moment as a Microsoft Project add-on.
“Every management textbook ever written has insisted on the centrality of getting people to work together. Yet when one tries to find where the textbooks spell out how to make that happen, typically the information is missing or so sketchy as to be unhelpful.” Squirrel Inc, Pg 66, Stephen Denning, 2004
Magia is the next step in bringing the art of people management into the science of project and program management.
- Standard project plans often work well for project and program managers but don’t work well for those people who have to work on the projects. Traditional project plans are very difficult to read and understand
- Magia™ addresses these problems and makes the project plan workable for everyone
- With Magia, people start acting as a team. Instead of each having a disjointed view of what is required of them, they will know what is required when and on whom they are depending and dependent
The Benefits of Magia
- Visibility of people across and between all tasks, allowing management to have a clear view as to exactly where effort is being applied
- Visibility of who is doing what and when
- Awareness of who each person is dependent on and who is depending on them
- Using Magia, people aspire to keep their record clean by completing their assigned tasks. With the higher visibility of Magia, this becomes more important to each person
- Awareness of which people are overcommitted in terms of time allocation as well as those tasks that involve conflicting skills
- With Magia, people have a clearer idea of what is required of them. The ambiguity of traditional Gantt charts leads to uncertainty, where people are unsure – and often they are too nervous to admit that they are unsure. Magia eliminates uncertainty.
- Magia’s transparency causes people to speak up about not just their commitments, but also their concerns regarding the tasks allocated to them, their understanding of those tasks, and whether they can accomplish them
- Rather than waiting for a weekly progress update (a practice which too often reveals how far a task is running behind schedule), Magia enables the PM to easily front end manage people and their tasks,
Magia is available through RNC and interfaces with Microsoft Project.
Magia is a registered trademark of RNC Global Projects.